Sunday, November 10, 2013

Baked Sunday Mornings - Good Morning Sunshine Bars From Madison's Big Baking Blog


Baking has become an outlet for me. I love to create delicious treats that people can enjoy and share. They might not be healthy all the time but I think everyone deserves some sweetness in their life. When I browse the web, my go to places are cooking blogs and websites. In my reading the other day I came across this awesome website, Baked Sunday Mornings. BSM is an awesome group of people with the same love for baking as me! What they are doing is going through the Baked cookbooks and making all the recipes one-by-one. There are three cookbooks, Baked: New Frontiers in BakingBaked Explorations and Baked Elements. I have missed the first book but am joining in on Baked Explorations. The reason why I decided to join this group is because it involved sharing my baking experience and learning from others. I have had multiple people try and get to me to blog about my treats and this was the final push to get me to do it! I can't wait to see what this group has to offer and what awesome stuff I get to bake!

This time around it was a peanut butter, chex mix and chocolate goodness recipe.  It is quick and easy and hard to put down. I described it as crack to my roommate. She hates me for baking sweets all the time but she and I know she secretly loves it. Simple enough, all I had to do was heat up the sugars, add peanut butter, add the chex mix and let it sit for a little bit. I did swap out the chapped peanuts for some almonds. You still have the crunch of nuts in there and I like the taste better.  Make these delicious morsels and you will not regret the decision... Then you can share with your friends and family, if you haven't eaten the plate already. If you haven't tried Good Morning Sunshine Bars, you need to get on them quick!



7 comments:

  1. Crack is a good description- definitely addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the group! Addicting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the group! You are going to love it and fall in love with the Baked books! I have really learned a lot baking with this group and it really is so much fun to blog about it all. Can't wait to read your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the group! Your bars look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the group! I love your photos and your post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved these too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome, Maddie! You'll find a lot of like-minded baking peeps in this group-- the more, the merrier! :)

    ReplyDelete