Monday, March 24, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


As some of you know I have a man in my life that can't eat peanuts or really any nuts at all, without serious consequence. I tend to steer clear of them when he is home but this past weekend he was down in Moab, Utah so I decided to go peanut crazy!


My roommate parent's were in town and we were having them over for dinner. I was given the task of making dessert, not a terrible thing to do. I was flipping through my favorite cookbook from the cooking blog Smitten Kitchen and found these peanut butter with chocolate center cookie sandwiches. Yes these cookies may seem like over-kill and yes I knew they would be extremely rich but that didn't stop me.

This recipe was fairly simple, it called for some peanut butter ganache in the middle. Super simple recipe and super quick!  The recipe made about 40 cookies, which was a bit much for 10 people (plus I decided to make Hazelnut cookies as well) so I split the dough in half and froze the other half for the next time I splurge on peanut butter.

The dough was super easy to throw together.All the ingredients went in the kitchen aid, let it mix and then I used my hands to really mold it together. The dough was quite crumbly dough so you have roll it into a log and freeze it. Then after it is frozen you can cut 1/4 inch slices, lay on a cookie tray, and bake.The ganache cooked over a double boiler, and then whisked until all the ingredients were combined and melted into an amazing looking sauce. I could have pulled out my pastry bags to fill the cookie centers but I harnessed my patience and just used a knife. In the end it didn't matter how they looked; the two plates full of cookies were gone by the time everyone left.

No comments:

Post a Comment