Friday, February 14, 2014

Brown Butter Snickerdoodles are AMAZING




As you are aware I have joined a baking club of sorts to get me trying new recipes and also blogging. Last week was a nut-tastic bar that I decided to skip on since my lovely boyfriend is deathly allergic to them. Instead, I looked back at the recipes before I joined and came across the Brown Butter Snickerdoodles. I figured these would be a great substitute for the recipe due a few weeks earlier. Of course I let life get ahead of me and didn't make it in time to post a rouge blog post. Instead, I'm doing it now -  two weeks later. Regardless I had to share this recipe, it is fabulous! The perfect amount of cinnamon and sugar anyone could want and I could easily eat all of them in one sitting. Thank goodness I had some self control and let them last a few days before leaving them at work to be demolished.

This recipe is a dolled up sugar cookie. Since I'm a trained robot before I started this recipe I pulled out all my ingredients and softened my butter. When I went to start putting things together I was pleasantly surprised that I would be melting the butter which gives the cookies a nice nutty brown-butter taste. The browned butter smells so good on the stove, don't taste it because it just tastes like melted butter. I was hoping for the nutty, brown sugary taste...instead I had to wait for the finished project.

I made these after work one day - threw them in the fridge while I made dinner and then put them in the oven right after dinner making them the perfect desert. I know these little delights will be coming out my oven frequently as they are a great winter cookie. The browned butter, cinnamon and sugar mix are perfect for the final months of cold. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment