Sunday, February 16, 2014

Practice Makes Perfect!


In my quest to become a baker, I feel I need to start perfecting my decorating skills. I was on Pinterest  (because I am always on Pinterest) the other day and came across a Cupcake-A-Day challenge. First off, there is no way I have the time to do a cupcake a day but I can do a cupcake a week or every couple weeks. But I figured this would be a perfect time to start that decorating practice that I knew needed to happen. After much debate about what kind of cupcake to make I finally decided on a chocolate cupcake with a raspberry butter cream frosting.

These cupcakes did come out great but the decorating is what I was most concerned about. When I was in my class at Michael's here in Park City I made a cupcake that looked like a bunch of hydrangea. I set out this time to make the same looking cupcake. I really like how these cupcakes looks as a final product. Next time I think I will mix in a little bit of blue or purple food coloring to give it that flower look. More and different colors give the frosting a little more depth.


Over all I am very excited to see that these cupcakes turned out well. Next time I will have to decorate the cupcakes a totally different way! I can't wait to see what that next batch has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment