Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Baked Sunday Morning - Whisky Chocolate Tart




Well I guess I fell of the blogging earth for a little bit! But no worries, I'm back! I decided there was nothing better to kick start blogging off again then with a Baked Sunday Morning recipe.

This time round we made a whiskey chocolate tart. This was my first tart ever and I was extremely happy with how it came out. This whiskey chocolate is not for the chocolate faint of heart. The tart is extremely rich with a nice subtle whiskey taste.

First I made a short bread tart crust that was very simple and delicious. Short bread cookies, butter, salt and sugar are the ingrediants. Once combined I baked for 12 minutes to let it form a shell and then I made the chocolate filing, which was also extremely simple! Cream, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, eggs, a little bit of flour and of course a splash of whiskey. It says to use a nice whiskey but I used what was available at my house. Not the top shelf but not far from the bottom shelf. I'm sure the better the whiskey you use the better the taste. It only was in the oven for 20 minutes and came out looking delectable. Letting this delicious tart sit and cool was a challenge, I could only think about slicing a piece. Thank goodness I waited because it was completely worth it. Since this tart was so rich, my friends and I opted for smaller pieces. You could easily serve this dessert at a dinner party of ten or so. I opted out of making the whiskey whipped cream due to a lack of time. However, if I plan on making this for a party, I'll definitely include it, it sounds too good. Instead I will be having a scoop of vanilla ice cream with my next serving.

I hope you all give this dessert a try some day as it is very easy but seems like you slaved in the kitchen all day long to the untrained eye!

5 comments:

  1. You have to make the boozy whipped cream next time! It's sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First tart ever? And it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Sheri -- hard to believe that this is your first tart, because it looks so wonderful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tart. I love your high tart pan. This really was an easy tart and so good! I agree, it is very rich and smaller pieces would work well for a dinner party. (Or for co-workers--that's what I did with my first tart.) The whipped cream should definitely be made, as the whiskey taste is so wonderful along with the tart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! I love that tart pan!

    ReplyDelete